5/4 Homer Street Moonee Ponds 3039

Where to get more information


Much of the information on this website comes from the website of the Office of the Public Advocate and its publication: Take Control: A guide for making enduring powers of attorney.

OPA also produces all their information leaflets in 11 other languages: Arabic, Chinese, Croatian, Greek, Italian, Polish, Russian, Serbian, Spanish, Turkish, Vietnamese. Contact their office or go to their website for more information.

The Department of Justice has up to date information on powers of attorneys explaining the changes in 2014 Act. See it here

Villamanta Disability Rights Legal Service is a free statewide community legal service that works only on disability related justice issues. They provide free information, advice and referrals to people with a disability and those who support them, however their main focus is the rights of people who have an intellectual disability (see contact details below).

Making complaints

If you have concerns about the validity of a power of attorney or its interpretation either as a person who has appointed an attorney or as an attorney, you can seek advice from the Office of the Public Advocate or VCAT.

If you have a complaint about a medical service or practitioner not acting in accordance with power of attorney, you should take firstly take that complaint to the service or the practitioner. You may also wish to report it to the Health Complaints Commissioner.

If you are not satisfied your complaint has been brought to a satidfactory conclusion you may also seek legal advice.


David Davis and Associates

David Davis is an expert in Wills. Estates and Power of Attorney. He can assist with advice. His details are:
David Davis
David Davis and Associates
Office: (03) 9415 8123
Email: legal@ddavis.com.au

Federation of Community Legal Centres

To find your nearest community legal centre contact:
Level 3, 225 Bourke Street Melbourne 3000
Phone: (03) 9652 1500 | Fax: (03) 9654 5204




Victorian Civil & Administrative Tribunal

Toll free: 1300 01 8228

Web: www.vcat.vic.gov.au

Office of the Public Advocate

Level 1, 204 Lygon Street

Web: www.publicadvocate.vic.gov.au

State Trustees of Victoria

1 McNab Avenue Footscray VIC 3011

Tel: 9667 6444
(outside Melbourne 1300 138 672)

Web:  https://www.statetrustees.com.au/

Victorian Legal Aid

There are 14 offices across Victoria.

Call us on 1300 792 387, Monday to Friday from 8.45 am to 5.15 pm, for free information over the phone about the law and how we can help you.

Web: www.legalaid.vic.gov.au

Community legal centres also provide free legal services to the public. Go to Community Law to find your closest community legal centre.

Villamanta Disability Rights Legal Service

Bldg Ib Level 4 Deakin University 75 Pigdons Road, Waurn Ponds Victoria 3216
Free Call – Legal Issues Only  1800 014 111
All other calls  (03) 5227 3338
Web: www.villamanta.org.au