5/4 Homer Street Moonee Ponds 3039

What are the Main Centrelink Payments Available to People with a Chronic Illness?

Centrelink has three main types of income support for people who cannot work due to illness, injury or disability

People with a chronic illness often receive a Newstart (Incapacitated) or Youth Allowance (Incapacitated) initially, particularly if their illness is newly diagnosed, and the likely impact on their capacity to work is unclear. When the illness is regarded as ongoing, they may receive a Disability Support Pension.

Next Section: Newstart Allowance / Youth Allowance