Can I get a Centrelink payment if I have a chronic illness?
If you have a chronic illness or disability, you may be eligible for a Centrelink payment. Your eligiblity will usually depend on
- your degree of incapacity
- the length of time it is estimated your condition will continue
- whether or not you have a job to return to.
If you are eligible for a Centrelink payment, the amount payable will usually depend on
- your income and assets
- your opposite-sex partner’s income and assets (if you have one)
- your parents’ income and assets (if you are a young person).
Next Section: What are the main Centrelink payments available to people with a chronic illness?