- You can appeal.
- There is no reason why you can’t get full non-medical travel insurance or medical and disability insurance for injuries or illnesses that happen during your trip. If you are refused, you should appeal. (See “Complaints” and “Appeals” below.)
- If you are refused medical or disability cover for your disabilities or chronic illness or if you are offered cover with an increased premium or with an exclusion for your condition, you can appeal.
- Much depends on whether your disabilities or chronic illness are under control and therefore not an unacceptable risk, or, if not, whether you should get disability cover with an exclusion only for your disability or chronic illness.
- It’s very important to get medical reports from your doctors which show:
- Your condition is under control;
- Your condition fits within the definition of a listed pre-existing condition which is covered (if applicable);
- You are not likely to need medical or hospital treatment or make a claim from your trip;
- You don’t suffer from any other significant health problems.
Send in any good medical reports with your application form or any Complaint/Appeal.
Next Section: Standard Cover