- Travel insurance is sold by travel agents or bought on-line.
- If you purchase your airline ticket or holiday package through a travel agent, they will encourage you to take out travel insurance from an insurer they have a relationship with.
- However, some travel agents don’t know much about travel insurance and simply give you a glossy brochure.
- Alternatively, you can:
- Check travel policies on-line;
- Apply to insurance companies direct by telephone;
- Contact an insurance broker to try to get you the best deal;
- Get travel insurance from your credit card, union, bank or even your superannuation fund.
- If you apply to an insurance company for cover and get knocked back that will count against you in applying to other insurers.
Next Section: What Am I Covered For and Not Covered For?