- If you are refused cover or if you make a claim and it’s rejected because of a chronic illness or disability, you can take the complaint further.
- You can lodge an Internal Dispute Resolution Complaint with the insurer. They have 45 days to make a decision on the Complaint. It’s important to get up-to-date medical reports and make written submissions to support your Complaint.
- If a Complaint on a claim is rejected or no decision is made, you can then lodge a Complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS) tel no: 1300 780 808.
- FOS can order the insurer to pay your claim and it is costs-neutral. However, the IOS doesn’t currently have the power to order an insurer to give you cover.
- It’s very important to get the right medical reports dealing with the relevant issues and make submissions supporting your Complaint. Many Complaints are successful or are settled.
- Get help with a Complaint.
Next Section: Appeals