Kidney Health Australia
100 York Street
South Melbourne Victoria 3205
Name & Description of Peer Support Services Offered:
Kidney Health Australia is a not-for-profit national organisation, whose focus is to improve kidney health outcomes which lead to substantial improvements to the quality of life for people with kidney and urinary tract diseases, their families and carers, as well as developing initiatives that reduce the incidence of kidney disease in the Australian community.
This is our umbrella support program for people with kidney disease, kidney donors and recipients, their carers and family members. It consists of the following programs:
- Kidney Care Program – Trained Kidney Care volunteers and coordinators conduct a Dialysis Support Service, which provides support and companionship to people undergoing haemodialysis treatment in renal units throughout Australia.
- Peer Support Program – Supports people living with kidney disease, kidney donors and recipients, their families and carers via TelEconnect. This national telephone and/or email peer support service connects people in need with trained Peer Support Volunteers who have similar experiences.
Other Health Services offered:
- Stated based Consumer Participation Committees
- Kidney Kids Programs including National Kidney Kids Camp and Kidney Kids Capers Activities
- The ‘Henry Giblett Holiday Dialysis Program’ – WA only •Kidney Patient/Carer/Health Professional Forums
- Kidney Health Information Service (1800 4 543639)
- Family Accommodation Initiative Transplant Housing (FAITH) – WA only
Meeting Times & Venues
Training for Peer Support is offered throughout the year.
For further information on the Kidney Connect Program, or for dates of training, please contact 1800 4 KIDNEY (543639)
Contact Details for more information:
Health Services Manager (03) 9674 4305 email@example.com
Link to web page