Carers Australia (Victoria)
Level 1, 37 Albert Street
Name & Description of Peer Support Services Offered:
Carers provide unpaid care and support to family members and friends who have a disability, mental illness, chronic condition, terminal illness or who are frail.
Carers Victoria (a not-for-profit community organisation) is the statewide voice (of Carers Australia) for family carers, representing and providing support to carers in Victoria. We work to improve the lives of carers. We also promote the recognition of carers to governments, businesses and the wider public.
Our state services include:
- free counselling, advice and information for carers
- free education and training for carers throughout Victoria all year (information sessions and interactive workshops for groups of carers)
- support group facilitator training (setting up, running and programming a support group, plus group conflict resolution)
- bi-annual newsletter for care support groups
- quarterly newsletter for carers and other members, online newsletters
- quality, carer focused education and training for service providers
- annual carer Mingles in metropolitan and regional Victoria
- funding for carer support groups to celebrate Carers’ Week
We auspice Respite Connections, the Commonwealth Respite and Carelink Centre for the western metropolitan region of Victoria, which provides a range of carer services, carer respite (including retreats), and workshops.
Contact Details for more information:
Carers Victoria – 1800 636 242 or 03 9396 9500
Carers Counselling and Advisory Line – 1800 636 242
Carers Victoria Respite Connections – 1800 059 059 or 1800 052 222
Link to web page