Workshops and Focus Groups
The Chronic Illness Alliance has considerable expertise in organising, facilitating and analysing workshops and focus groups with a range of health consumers and service providers.
Fees apply as follows:
- Initial consultation with client agency to establish purpose of undertaking a consumer consultation; most appropriate method of consultation eg workshop, focus group, interviews, (group or individual).
- Background reading (if necessary) and preparation of workshop materials.
- Attendance at meetings to review materials, inform clients of progress, participate in related project activities.
- Recruitment of participants.
- Development of open-ended questions or workshop materials, including consent forms and ethics approval where necessary.
- Workshop, focus group facilitation or undertake interview process. This includes tape-recording, and scribing the session.
- Transcription of tapes Analysis of content and preparation or report.
- Personal presentation of report, if desired.
Charges of $1400 per day or $220.00 per hour, all inclusive. Single tasks such as recruitment may be negotiated.
Additional charges include: (a) reimbursing the consumers between $40 and $50 per focus group, (b) costs of refreshments and venue hire (c) consumer travel costs (d) additional assistance (e) GST.
Literature Reviews and Discussion Papers.
Examples of recent work undertaken by Chronic Illness Alliance
- May-July 2014 focus groups on consumers’ views of cardiovascular risk assessment in community pharmacies
- October 2012 NPS MedicineInsight Focus Groups and Report
Research, reports, discussion papers
The Chronic Illness Alliance has undertaken research projects concerning issues in chronic illness, such as consumers’ needs, policy implications of chronic illness and the role of self-management programs in caring for people with chronic illnesses.
Fees apply as follows:
- Initial consultation with agency to establish the extent, aims and objectives, and the outline of work proposed.
- Collection of literature Drafting of review, discussion paper.
- Presentation of drafts for comment. Inclusion of material based on comments.
- Preparation of final draft.
Charges of $1400.00 per day or $220.00 per hour, ex GST. Variations according to need may be negotiated.
Additional charges may include cost of research assistant, travel costs.