Page last updated: 26 September 2016
The PBS continues to make medicines more affordable for millions of Australians with the latest cycle of reductions taking effect on 1 October 2016.
More than 2,000 medicine brands will reduce in price, some by as much as $20 per script. These savings are the result of the PBS Access and Sustainability Package reforms which passed Parliament last year.
For more information see the Fact Sheets below:
- Fact Sheet – Price Disclosure (PDF 26KB) – (Word 43KB)
- Fact Sheet – Medicine combinations (PDF 26KB) – (Word 27KB)
- Fact Sheet – Savings snapshot (PDF 27KB) – (Word 21KB)
- Fact Sheet – Top 10 biggest savings for non-concessional patients (PDF 24KB) – (Word 27KB)
- Fact Sheet – Top 20 most prescribed medicines (PDF 24KB) – (Word 29KB)
The full list of 1 October savings for non-concessional patients can be reviewed here: